<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Does Anybody Even Notice? from Once More, with Feeling

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Does Anybody Even Notice? from Once More, with Feeling

Buffy Season 8, Volume 2:
No Future for You


Author: Brian K. Vaughan
Artist: Georges Jeanty
Pages: 130
Acquired From:
Dark Horse Books via NetGalley

Any fan of Buffy, or detractor actually, cannot miss the fact that all of the characters can be quite whiny. Now, while Buffy wasn't my favorite show, I did enjoy it overall, but, when everyone got all emo, it definitely got less fun. This volume is like one of those series of episodes. There are a couple of funny moments, but mostly it's complaining and sadness.

Buffy and Faith are doing their usual battle over who's more alone (a pretty easy win for Faith I should think). Of course, Faith also, when feeling alone, thinks back on the only time she felt loved, which would be when she was working with Mr. Creeper-Face Mayor. She won't take Robin's calls, even though he's all interested, but she desperately wants a friend. Okay, whatever Faith.

Willow's doing the "I miss my dead ex girlfriend" waltz, disguised as an "I am protecting my current girlfriend by keeping her from my friends" foxtrot. Not buying it, Willow. Dawn, as always, is whining, because she's still a giant who made imprudent sexual decisions. From what I here, she's got more coming, although that will be logistically difficult until she gets de-gianted.

This volume wasn't bad exactly, but it was doing a lot of setup. There are only eight volumes in the season, which will be over really quickly, so it's just frustrating to read through all the background. Still, I am totally ready for volume 3.

"Does anybody even notice?
Does anybody even care?"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nori said...

It gets better! It also took me a while to get used to them all being animated. I am totally fine with it now, but was that weird for you? Also, some of them in comic form just don't cut it for me.

May 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home