<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - Muse

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - Muse

Always a Witch
Witch, Book 2

Author: Carolyn MacCullough
Pages: 276
ARC Acquired from: Clarion Books via NetGalley

Brief Summary:
Now armed with her Talent that she never knew she had, Tamsin has to venture into the past to sort out the mess she made in Once a Witch. Along the way, she'll have to figure out the quirks in her power and deal with the mistrust of her family, who do not know how to deal with her intimidating Talent. At least, she has a hot time-traveling boyfriend to help her!

Review:
Before reading the review, be warned that this is the second in a series and you shouldn't read on unless you've read the first, don't want to read either but like reading reviews, or love spoilers (for the first book, not this one). I completely adored Once a Witch and the same is true of the sequel, even though it broke my heart a little bit. The resolution of the story made perfect sense and, though I saw it coming and knew it needed to happen, I really did not want it to happen that way.

Tamsin never smoked again, a thing I complained about in my review for the first book, so it really was just that one scene. This pretty much cements my belief that she may have been a sm0ker in an early draft and that one scene missed getting cut. Thank goodness she's not actually a smoker or I would probably have to hate her. Which I don't want to do, because she is so delightfully sarcastic, as all of the best heroines are.

I still really love the Talents. They remind me of people's powers on the Heroes television show. It's so much fun to find out what everyone can do. Tamsin definitely has the coolest power, sort of Peter Petrelli-ish. My one complaint here is that when Tamsin's going back to the past to save the whole family, they don't all line up and throw their power at her three time so that she can be well-armed for the coming battle. It's not like she takes their powers forever, as evidenced by Aunt Beatrice still being able to freeze kids at the end of book one. Stupid family is stupid.

For those who loved Once a Witch, you will not be disappointed in Always a Witch. It has magic, action, suspense, nineteenth century drama and romance. Always a Witch is coming out August 1. Get yourself a copy!

P.S. I like the cover. However, who on earth is that supposed to be? Jessica? Tamsin has curly hair, like the girl on the cover of book one. Sigh.

"So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time"

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nori said...

Yay! I'm super excited to read this one! Also, I hate when book covers just don't make sense. Like when main characters are clearly of a Mexican background, yet the cover features all white girls...

July 27, 2011 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home