<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: August: Month in Review

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Monday, September 2, 2013

August: Month in Review

Announcements:
The elusive move to Wordpress is happening soon, guys! Probably within September, around my birthday I imagine, but maybe a bit later. The design has been approved, so it's being coded now, and then I have to move all my stuffs and get blogging. Hurrah!

Also, I'm changing up my giveaways again, with a focus on YOU GUYS, the people who actually read my posts and interact with me on my blog. The monthly box giveaway is going away, and I'll probably be doing one or two giveaways a month shipping from TBD. I'm not telling you how you enter yet, but, like winter, it is coming.

Bloglovin' lameness:
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Books Reviewed in July:
I used all of my ratings this month! Wooo! Note that these aren't the books I READ in July, just the ones I posted reviews for. Check my Goodreads to see what I read.

5 Star:
Rogue (Croak #3) - Gina Damico

4.5 Star:
Two Boys Kissing - David Levithan
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) - Sarah J. Maas
Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles #2) - Melina Marchetta
Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles #3) - Melina Marchetta
The Returned - Jason Mott

4 Star:
Love in the Time of Global Warming - Francesca Lia Block
Covet - Tracey Garvis Graves
The (Totally Not) Guaranteed Guide to Popularity, Prettiness & Perfection (Jessica Darling's It List #1) - Megan McCafferty
Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan

3.5 Star:
The Crown (Joanna Stafford #1) - Nancy Bilyeau
If You Could Be Mine - Sara Farizan
Vigilant - Angel Lawson
The Year of Shadows - Claire Legrand
All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill

3 Star: 
The Chalice (Joanna Stafford #2) - Nancy Bilyeau
How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon #1) - Cressida Cowell
The 100 (The Hundred #1) - Kass Morgan
The Meme Plague (Memento Nora #3) - Angie Smibert
The Fantastic Family Whipple (The Fantastic Family Whipple #1) - Matthew Ward

2.5 Star:
Starry Nights - Daisy Whitney

2 Star:

False Sight (False Memory #2) - Dan Krokos
The Grass Dancer - Susan Power

1.5 Star:
Maybe Tonight? (Snap Decision #1) - Bridie Clark

1 Star:
Insurgent (Divergent #2) - Veronica Roth

.5 Star:
The Flame in the Mist - Kit Grindstaff

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, so many nice books!!
I'm so curious about your new blog on wordpress and about the graphic too! :)
Have a nice day! xoxo

http://pinkvanillalifeen.blogspot.it/

September 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks! I'm very excited to move. :)

September 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well with your move to Wordpress!

Dang, that's a lot of reviews! I am happy that you had so many positive ones! I am especially glad that you liked the Lumatere Chronicles.

And yay! to September birthdays! They are the best.

September 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Blythe Harris said...

I am excited for your move to Wordpressssss. I'm not sure when/if I'll make the move. I'm scared. And I really like my current blog design. I DON'T KNOW.

September 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I hope so too!

Yup, I'm a busy girl. More positive reviews are a good thing. *hugs all the good books*

That they are. *fistbumps*

September 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

As am I! When I'm settled, I'll let you know how I like it.

September 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just the word "wordpress" fills me with dread! I've been thinking about moving, but I am very lazy and until blogger does something to completely wreck my blog, I'll probably stay where I am.

And it's nice to see that you had more positive reviews than negative ones - sounds like you had a good month reading-wise. Here's hoping September's just as good, if not better.

September 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah(Sarahandherbookshelves) said...

I really want to pick up Two Boys Kissing, I have read so many good reviews.
Hopefully next month you wont read any books that you only give a .5 star to! Good luck:)

September 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Amber (Books of Amber) said...

I'm so excited to see your new design! Will it be green, though? I WILL MISS THIS.

Bloody How to Train Your Dragon. I'm still scarred from the knowledge you bestowed upon me.

September 3, 2013 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excited to see your new design! I need to take the plunge and migrate over to Wordpress but *sigh* I'm lazy.
Oooh.. only 3.5 for All Our Yesterdays? Glad to see a non-raving rating.

September 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home