<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Okay, so there are a lot of books on my October-December reading list already, so I'm picking out the ten that I am most convinced I will like. Then, later, I can look back and see if I have a good sense for my own taste or not. Wish me luck!

1. The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two (Fairyland #3) - Catherynne M. Valente
Okay, so I actually still have to read the sequel, but I loved The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland, and I'm pretty damn confident that I will love both of these. The third book comes out on October 8th.

2. Reality Boy - A. S. King
Even though Lili (Lili's Reflections), who sent this to me, didn't like what she read, and I've seen some unfavorable reviews, I'm still really hopeful that I will love Reality Boy. Ask the Passengers, The Dust of 100 Dogs and Everybody Sees the Ants all impressed me, so I'm willing to bet that King will live up to that.

3. Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) - Katie McGarry
Based on early reviews, Katie McGarry will not let me down with this installment either. Loved both Pushing the Limits and Dare You To, and I'm excited to see if McGarry can make me love Isaiah.

4. Parasite (Parasitology #1) - Mira Grant
MIRA GRANT. That is all. Okay, maybe not. From what I've heard, I won't love this as much as Newsflesh (Feed/Deadline/Blackout), but what the heck can I possibly love that much. I fully anticipate that this will still be brilliant.

5. Racing Savannah (Hundred Oaks #4) - Miranda Kenneally
Miranda Kenneally has proven herself with Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, and my personal favorite Things I Can't Forget. This one has HORSES. How can I not love this?

Already Published:

1. Nantucket Blue (Nantucket #1) - Leila Howland
To be honest, when this cover was revealed, I had no interest in this book, because it looks like it would some poor little rich kids at their family's beach house or something. However, all the good reviews have made me crave this and I will be reading it soon for Sadie Hawkins Sunday

2. Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
Over the holidays, I'll be rereading the whole series and I am SO EXCITED. Basically, I do not remember much that happens in the last three books and this must be rectified.
 
3. Belle Epoque - Elizabeth Ross
The reviews for this one have been great, and it's a historical! There's too much contemporary on this list, so I need some more balance. :-p

4. Burning - Elana K. Arnold
Jenni (Alluring Reads) recommended this one highly to me, and we tend to agree on contemporaries. Even Renae (Respiring Thoughts) loved this one. Ashleigh Page (Birth of a New Witch) wasn't as sold, but I'm still pretty convinced this will work for me, even though I wasn't initially attracted to this blurb or cover at all.

5. What Goes Around - Courtney Summers
Oh hey, Courtney Summers books. This omnibus includes Cracked Up to Be and Some Girls Are, the two Summers novels I've yet to read. This Is Not a Test blew me away and I enjoyed Fall for Anything, so I expect these two to be epic as well.

Are any of these on your fall TBR? Have you already read any of them? What did you think?

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I seriously can't wait for Crash Into You. I need to just go buy all the books and reread them to pass the time, haha. And pre-order this one of course!

I really hope to reread the Harry Potter series too. I was given $ for the new scholastic PB set, but now I'm like $60 on books I already own, but diff covers, or $60 towards books I haven't read, haha. BOOKWORM DILEMMA!

This is Not a Test is actually on my list. It will be my first Summer's book, although i do own Some Girls Are as well.

Good luck on your fall TBR Christina!

My TTT list.

September 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM  
Blogger marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

I really need to start those fairyland books!
My Top Ten

September 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger Melody Simpson said...

Also looking forward to reading What Goes Around & Reality Boy!

September 17, 2013 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVED Nantucket Blue and Belle Epoque (as such I hope you do too!!). I'm really excited for Reality Boy and Crash Into You as well. And, well, I haven't read a Miranda Kenneally book yet but I really want to binge read all of them because they sound perfect and cute and totally binge-able.

September 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM  
Blogger Vilia said...

I love re-reading series and catching up with my favourite characters. I hope you have fun with Harry Potter. Here's my TTT
Vilia @ Backchatting Books

September 17, 2013 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oooo rereading HP sounds awesome. I've only read them once and would love to go back and revisit them. Maybe with the fancy new covers? :)

September 17, 2013 at 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of Burning, but with those recs, it's definitely worth checking out!

September 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Racing Savannah and Reality Boy are a definite for me!

My TTT List

September 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger meg said...

MIRA GRAAAAAAANT!! I am not expecting to love Parasite as much as Newsflesh (let’s be serious, how could anything ever be that good again?) but I am still SO FREAKING EXCITED.

You’re rereading HP? That sounds like so much fun! I used to do that every time a new one came out (I’ve read the first book A LOT) but I haven’t read them in a while, perhaps it’s time…

September 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Sash and Em said...

Racing Savannah looks so cute! Can't wait!

September 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Hmm said...

Parasite... It has been on my currently-reading shelf since the beginning of July. I'm still in the minority with that, but I'm not really excited to pick it back up. Burning, on the other hand, has me intrigued. I have Some Girls Are and Fall for Anything, both still unread, but I'm hoping to get to them soon. I hope the HP reread doesn't break your feels.

September 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So excited for The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland! Those books are freaking amazing and I love Valente. I should really check out her adult stuff... read any of those? Eeeeee you're doing the HP re-read too? I am so freaking excited for this. It's been a long time coming that's for sure.

September 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for Crash Into You, too. I just love Katie McGarry!

I've been wanting to re-read HP for awhile now, too. It's been about 3.5 years since I last read them.

Happy Autumn Reading :)

September 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home